I’m in a book rut. I am currently reading Malcolm Gladwell’s collection of articles, What the Dog Saw, but for whatever reason, it’s not capturing my imagination. I don’t think it’s Gladwell, though; I am just not in the mood to read. I’ve finished a handful of books since the last time I posted; notably:
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- Unaccustomed Earth – Jhumpa Lahiri
- Interpreter of Maladies – Jhumpa Lahiri
- American Wife – Curtis Sittenfeld
- Juliet, Naked – Nick Hornby
Most of these were decent, even great reads (The Book Thief stands out, and Gladwell’s books were interesting). What I really want is a good romance, and not something sappy and overwrought like The Time Traveler’s Wife or pedestrian like the Twilight series. Essentially, I want to read Pride and Prejudice again, only as if I were reading it for the first time.
Or maybe I just want a Darcy.